Dec 5, 2012

Christmas-ing

Apparently after you make a list of things you want to do during the Christmas season, you become very Christmas-y.

Exhitbit A:
Of the Christmas List of Wonders, we've already completed 2.5 items and are seriously getting to work on another. We hit up A Christmas Carol on opening night, had punch, and cookies, and got Tiny Tim's autograph. Best Tiny Tim ever...


We watched White Christmas AND Christmas Vacation (which is not as polite of a movie as I remember...). We're all over decorating the house, getting the tree lit, getting the lights ready to go up outside. Don't worry we'll be talking about all that on Friday. And I've got four, yep, four Christmas Party invites pending...



Exhibit B:
I have Christmas decorations in my office... that I actually brought... to be Christmas-y. Usually for holidays someone else hangs something on the nail above my door sign. My hall in the building tends to match and we all have red white and blue for Independence Day and things like that. But this year I brought my own little tree. With lights, except that I need 2 C batteries to make the lights work, and you know no one has C batteries, unless of course you need AA batteries and then you'll have tons of C batteries...anyways. And I even have a wreath, but I can't find my door hanger yet. (So maybe I'm not as decorated as I thought?)

[And I would have pictures except that I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take pictures at my office because it's government property, they have crazy rules about all that...]

And I even saved these tiny cardboard boxes all year because they were PERFECT size for ice blocks to build an igloo around my door at work. I was going to spray paint them white and I was definitely going to win the Best Door prize this year. But then the safety people said all the door decorations have to be flame-resistant or something like that... so maybe I'll turn my desk into an igloo desk?? or going Elf-crazy and turning my office into the North Pole and then I'll have to sneak a picture...

Anyways. I hope you've caught the Christmas bug. The fun one, the one full of happy times and craftiness and doing things because you can and want to not because you "have to get it done."

...just gotta figure out the igloo...

Update: Just found the door hangers... okay, Kyle found the door hangers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...